BEC is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should BEC ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
BEC may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are abreast with any changes. This policy is effective from 11 March 2011.
BEC may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as physical address, postal address, preferences and interests
- ID number
- Candidate and centre numbers
- Qualification level
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Purpose of information gathering
BEC requires this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- To improve its products and services.
- To send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which may be deemed interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, BEC may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. You may be contacted by email, phone, fax or mail. The information may be used to customize the website according to your interests.
In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, BEC is committed to ensuring that your information is secure.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
BEC uses traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps to analyze data about web page traffic and improve the website in order to tailor it to customer needs. This information will only be used for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help in providing you with a better website, by enabling BEC to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share.
You may choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
The BEC website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave the site, you should note that BEC does not have any control over that other website. Therefore, BEC cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites since such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to BEC using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
BEC will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless it has your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org , and BEC will respond accordingly.