Frequently Asked Questions
Plot 54864 Kt Motsete Road next to BTV along the Western Bypass.
Tel: 365 0700
Fax: 310 5313
Requirements for Replacement of Certificate:
• A Letter of confirmation for collection of original certificate from school
• Affidavit as proof of damage/loss of certificate
• Payment of P50.00
• Identity document (Omang for citizens and passport for non-citizens)
• Names on certificate to be identical to names on Identity document (Otherwise proof to be provided: Affidavit for first name, marriage certificate, letter from Kgosi or letter from Omang Office for Surname)
• When a person other than the owner of the certificate makes the request, the applicant is expected to produce an authorisation letter from the owner of the certificate to collect the certificate on their behalf
1. A certificate is issued in the names of the candidate at the time they sat the examination. We will not provide replacement certificates to accommodate a latter change of name.
2. Candidates are urged to handle and keep certificates with care and ensure their prolonged life span
3. The BEC is responsible for the PSLE, JCE and BGCSE examinations ONLY.
4. The above information can be accessed on the BEC website (www.bec.co.bw)
NO. Revision papers are shredded after every examination series.
All statements of entry should be received by August of the exam series. If not you should contact BEC and inform them. They will assist you accordingly.
It can be accessed on the BEC website www.bec.co.bw and at schools.
You will need to produce a document that explains the change of surname and bring your ID.
No there no age restriction is no for registering as a private candidate.
Refunds can only be made when: done within a month after registration has closed there is a medical condition supported by e medical report from the doctor stating that you cannot write the exam you have been admitted to a tertiary institution and a copy of the admission letter should be submitted.
You will need to produce a medical report from your Doctor stating that you are ill and as a result will not be able to sit for your examination.
No. The money would have already been used to prepare for the examination. It is advisable to rather withdraw from the examination within a month after registration has closed.
Certificates are expected to stay in school for only 2 years before being returned to BEC but some schools can keep them longer due to reasons that that they will have advanced to BEC.
Requirements for Collection of original Certificate
• Identity document (Omang for citizen and passport for non-citizens)
• Names on certificate to be identical to names on Identity document (Otherwise proof to be provided: Affidavit for first name, marriage Certificate, letter from Kgosi or letter from Omang Office for Surname)
• When a person other than the owner of the certificate makes the request, the applicant is expected to produce an authorisation letter from the owner of the certificate to collect the certificate on their behalf.
A certifying statement is an official document issued by BEC to a candidate whose certificate is lost or damaged. It shows all the grades awarded to the candidate in a given examination series.
Requirements for correcting Certificates
• A letter of request from the school for the school candidates
• A copy of identity card for proof of identity for private candidate
• Payment of the replacement certificate at the prevailing prices
• The original certificate should be returned before a replacement is applied for A certificate issued to a customer can only be corrected within 18 months of issue.
Requirements for verification and migration Certificate:
• A letter of request from client (candidate, prospective employee, educational institution)
• Year of completion and centre of sitting the examination
A Migration Certificate is a document issued to an individual who sat the BEC examination and wishes to pursue their education outside the country. It clarifies the qualification, the grading criteria and performance of the candidate.
Requirements for certifying BEC Certificates:
• Clean copies of current BEC Statement of Results (PSLE, JCE, BGCSE) :
• The validity of Statement of Results expires with the issuing of certificate.
• Clean copies of BEC certificates (PSLE, JCE, BGCSE)